Here are a few scripts I wrote, mostly in bash and Python. You’re welcome to use and modify them for your own purpose. Credit wouldn’t go amiss.
- apod.py: a Python script to fetch and save hi-res versions of APOD (Astronomy Picture Of the Day)
- Bing.py: a script for downloading Microsoft Bing’s daily background image.
- nationalGeographic.py: downloads today’s picture from National Geographic
- bashPodder.sh:A customized version of bashpodder, a podcast reader written in bash
- gradRadio.sh: to turn your favorite streaming radio programs into mp3.
- DVDFiller.rb: a Ruby script to fill up a DVD with podcasts